Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another face of Melbourne - A Graffiti Capital?

It never occurs to me Melbourne is a graffiti capital though I came across such claims. I still don't agree - reason being graffiti is not visible in general. No where close to what I saw on New York's subway or trains.

Nevertheless, as I drove through Brunswick Street (northern part of city) recently, I saw some nice ones on the side streets.





















This caught my attention - pretty good street art I think.
















So I pulled over and checked out a few other eye catching ones.
















































Today I checked out some within the CBD. I was surprised to see this vertical wind turbine atop a building, right in the heart of the city!
















Not one, as I tried to get a better view.





















Five? May be more hidden from view! But have yet to see them spin.. I began to wonder if these are there as ornamental objects.
















Union Lane between Little Collins Street and Bourke Street Mall is quite interesting, graffiti painted from end to end.





















Not all are pretty, I select only the more visual appealing ones.







































































































































This young lady "ducks" and ran as I took the picture.
















Looking back at Union Lane from Bourke Street end.





















Strolling down to Chinatown at Little Bourke Street for a bite ....
















Another come to sight.
















Surely there many more around, where else a better place to check out than Google Images? These are sampled after a little finger walking.












































































































































































































































































































































































































Whether a Graffiti Capital or not, it don't matter to me. There are certainly a lot of artistic expressions in the back streets!
















Hope you enjoy this aspect of Melbourne too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow nice walls of paints..Thanks for sharing if you have more such a nice information then please share with us. And also get more aboutcorporate entertainment Melbourne.